Sunday, July 20, 2008

On! surfboards: the Quad Fish wins!

A few weeks ago I blogged about the mini quiver I made myself for early summer, consisting of an Eps/Epoxy short board and a 6' quad fish. I thought that I'd give some follow up on the boards. The Eps/Epoxy short board was great. Light responsive and versatile. I found that this board shaped to the same dimensions as my polyester short board, worked in all conditions. I had glassed this board extremely light as an experiment to see just how light I could go on a short board. Well... I guess it was too light. As you can see in the picture I broke it on a head high low tide session. The Quad fish is another new favorite. Not as controllable as a normal short board this fish is fast and loose. Surprisingly versatile in both hollow and mushy conditions this fish with a deep concave through the tail almost feels turbo charged as I'm going down the line. I'll be making a new Epoxy board as soon as I can get a blank and in the meanwhile I'm surfing the quad fish everyday.


No comments: